To help ensure the Convention’s operational success, we depend on local assistance from 10-15 students and other volunteers with good English and French language skills.
Volunteers for the CIM Convention 2019 will be the first contact for many of the attendees. Their critical role in welcoming and informing participants, foreign and local, will foster the spirit of helpfulness and hospitality we aim for.
Join our team, receive your FREE student registration, be noticed by the mining community and contribute to a positive overall experience. Please circulate this call for volunteers to your peers and department.
Key dates are:
- Volunteer application deadline: March 15, 2019
- Volunteer notification: April 1, 2019
Why should you volunteer?
- Opportunities to meet, listen, learn and engage with world-class professionals
- Get an insider’s view on running an event
- Gain useful job experience and satisfaction
- Meet like-minded people as well as the leading experts in various fields
In return for volunteer services, CIM gladly offers the following benefits:
- Complimentary Conference registration in exchange for 12 hours or more of your time
- Technical sessions (exclusive of your work schedule)
- Access to Conference presentations on line
- Certificate of recognition for hours of volunteer work as well as for sessions attended
You are required to:
- Commit to a minimum of 12 hours of volunteering, including 1 hour of training.
- Exude a positive attitude and high degree of flexibility
- Act as an ambassador for CIM. Good customer service skills.
- Agree to wear black shoes and pants/skirt - and a volunteer T-shirts
- Greeter/Hostess at Convention venue
Welcome attendees to the Convention. Offer directional assistance and assist in managing the flow at the registration counter. Answer questions.
- Exhibit hall and poster session representative
Manage the coming and going of exhibitors when they are setting up. Assist poster presenters with their set-up. Verify exhibitor / delegates / visitors badges during expo hours. Answer questions about the EXPO.
- Scanning and collecting tickets
Control access to certain events by scanning badges or collecting tickets. Take head count.
- Roaming microphone attendant
During the morning plenary and keynotes, assist with the mics during the question periods.
Times are subject to change and may vary based on your role. The volunteers will be chosen based on their availability, followed by a first come/first serve basis.
Please advise of your availability, from Saturday April 27th to Tuesday April 30th, between 7:30am to 8:00 pm to Guylaine Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org